The Perfect Saree Fabrics for Every Indian Body Type
Posted by HENNA MALHOTRA
The quintessential saree is for everyone - The beauty of a saree lies in the fact that it fits everyone regardless of size, shape or age.
One of the key factors of having a Perfect Saree look is choosing the right Saree Fabric for your body type. Choosing a Saree according to your shape and size, can do wonders - because it decides whether you look slender or heavy. Want to know more about your ideal saree fabric? Read on to find out!
1. Apple-Shaped Body Type
You have an Apple-shaped body if you have wider shoulders, a fuller bust and narrow hips. We recommend highlighting your lower body and defining your waist.
- Silk sarees are an ideal choice for this body type.
- Opt for blouses in darker colours for a slimming effect and pair them up with light coloured sarees.
- You can also try different saree styles, such as our Satin pre-draped styles, a dhoti drape or the patiala pants drape to add bulk to your lower body.
2. Pear-Shaped Body Type
Pear-shaped is one of the most common body types in India and is characterized by a curvaceous figure and a comparatively heavier bottom.
- Lightweight Georgette and Chiffon sarees are an ideal choice for this body type because they have a good fall and do not add bulk.
- Check out Sparking Henna saree, Pink Sparkle Saree and Black Gold Chiffon Saree to look ravishing for the next occasion you get dressed for.
3. Hourglass Body Type
With curves in the right places, an hourglass figure is what every woman aspires for.
- Flaunt your curves with thin fabric Sarees in dark colours, with minimal embroidery - such as Georgette, Chiffon, Satin, or Crepe.
- Pair them with a strappy or sleeveless blouse to level up your overall appearance!
- Check out our Gold sequin blouse, Black sequin sleeveless blouse, Black sequin blouse in bustier style to pair with our Grey Gold Chiffon saree, Wine Satin Saree, Fiery Red Satin saree and many more!
4. Rectangle Body Type
You have a rectangular or ruler body if you have almost the same measurements for all sections of your body.
- Saree fabrics like Cotton, Tissue and Organza can be used to add volume or give an illusion of curves.
- Check out Mauve Silver Saree and Liquid Gold Saree from our Organza Satin collection, best suited for this body type.
5. Petite Body Type
You have a petite body if you are of a shorter height and frame. A majority of Indian women are Petite and the perfect saree for them would be one through which they can create an illusion of length.
- Heavy cotton or silk sarees will make you look fuller and taller. Go for vertical prints and thin borders on a plain saree.- Check out Avant-Garde Knit Pre-Draped Saree with Blouse, Eves Garden Stripe Organza Saree and other Swtantra styles for your next party!
6. Plus-Size Body Type
Body positivity is IN! And what better way to look and feel like a Queen than by rocking a saree meant for your curvy body type.
- Simple silk and handloom sarees will seamlessly accentuate your look.
- You can also opt for dark colored sarees and long sleeve blouses as they create an illusion of length and give a slimming effect, making you look poised & suave!
7. Slim and Tall Body Type
Women with Slim and Tall body types should put their best foot forward with plain linen, chiffon, satin, cotton, organza and crepe fabrics.
- Sarees with bold prints or broad borders and sheer net silhouette with lacework and embellishments are an ideal choice.
- Have fun with different types of saree draping styles to stand out.
- Check out some of our pre draped styles, Ruby Roo Lace Saree and Peanut Butter Ruffle Saree to add some flair to your wardrobe.
Handy Tips to Consider Before you Choose a Perfect Saree
- Ensure that you can drape the saree with ease. You can try out the sarees at stores or shopping malls before finalizing your purchase.
- Try pleating the fabric to check if its easy to manage and can be tucked in with ease. If not, then it would be uncomfortable to wear.
- Make sure you iron your saree before wearing it. A crumpled and creased saree doesn’t make for a good outfit.
- If you are planning to buy Indian sarees online then make sure to go through the Product Description, Wash care instructions and other important information.
Regardless of your body type, Rock any type of Saree with Confidence. You deserve the best which is why Swtantra has a wide range of Cotton, Chiffon, Satin, Crepe, Organza & other alluring saree fabrics that you can easily wear for your next event.