The quintessential saree is for everyone - The beauty of a saree lies in the fact that it fits everyone regardless of size, shape or age.
One of the key factors of having a Perfect Saree look is choosing the right Saree Fabric for your body type. Choosing a Saree according to your shape and size, can do wonders - because it decides whether you look slender or heavy. Want to know more about your ideal saree fabric? Read on to find out!
1. Apple-Shaped Body Type
You have an Apple-shaped body if you have wider shoulders, a fuller bust and narrow hips. We recommend highlighting your lower body and defining your waist.
- Silk sarees are an ideal choice for this body type.
2. Pear-Shaped Body Type
Pear-shaped is one of the most common body types in India and is characterized by a curvaceous figure and a comparatively heavier bottom.
3. Hourglass Body Type
With curves in the right places, an hourglass figure is what every woman aspires for.
- Pair them with a strappy or sleeveless blouse to level up your overall appearance!
- Check out our Gold sequin blouse, Black sequin sleeveless blouse, Black sequin blouse in bustier style to pair with our Grey Gold Chiffon saree, Wine Satin Saree, Fiery Red Satin saree and many more!
4. Rectangle Body Type
You have a rectangular or ruler body if you have almost the same measurements for all sections of your body.
5. Petite Body Type
You have a petite body if you are of a shorter height and frame. A majority of Indian women are Petite and the perfect saree for them would be one through which they can create an illusion of length.
- Heavy cotton or silk sarees will make you look fuller and taller. Go for vertical prints and thin borders on a plain saree.- Check out Avant-Garde Knit Pre-Draped Saree with Blouse, Eves Garden Stripe Organza Saree and other Swtantra styles for your next party!
6. Plus-Size Body Type
Body positivity is IN! And what better way to look and feel like a Queen than by rocking a saree meant for your curvy body type.
- Simple silk and handloom sarees will seamlessly accentuate your look.
- You can also opt for dark colored sarees and long sleeve blouses as they create an illusion of length and give a slimming effect, making you look poised & suave!
7. Slim and Tall Body Type
Women with Slim and Tall body types should put their best foot forward with plain linen, chiffon, satin, cotton, organza and crepe fabrics.
- Sarees with bold prints or broad borders and sheer net silhouette with lacework and embellishments are an ideal choice.
- Have fun with different types of saree draping styles to stand out.
Handy Tips to Consider Before you Choose a Perfect Saree
- Ensure that you can drape the saree with ease. You can try out the sarees at stores or shopping malls before finalizing your purchase.
- Try pleating the fabric to check if its easy to manage and can be tucked in with ease. If not, then it would be uncomfortable to wear.
- Make sure you iron your saree before wearing it. A crumpled and creased saree doesn’t make for a good outfit.
Regardless of your body type, Rock any type of Saree with Confidence. You deserve the best which is why Swtantra has a wide range of Cotton, Chiffon, Satin, Crepe, Organza & other alluring saree fabrics that you can easily wear for your next event.