Satin sarees are elegant and luxurious and make you stand out from the rest of the crowd. Add some glamorous satin sarees to your wardrobe without having to fret over their wash and care instructions. Let us share tips on how to effectively remove stains and wash your satin sarees without damaging them. Read on to find out!
1. How to Wash Satin Sarees?
- Start by water-testing a small portion of your saree in warm water and observe any changes that the fabric undergoes. If the portion undergoes stretching, shrinking or forms wrinkles then it is advised to go for Dry clean only.
- In other cases, follow the wash instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- If you don’t find any wash instructions then hand wash the saree by mixing 1 spoon of mild detergent (preferably liquid) in cold water. After that immerse the satin saree in the water for 30 minutes. Then rinse the saree under running water until rid of all the soap.
2. How to Dry Satin Sarees?
- Once you are done washing the saree, don’t squeeze or wring the saree. Instead, use 2 soft towels - Place one towel over a flat surface, put the saree on the towel and then use the 2nd towel to squeeze excess water.
- Once the saree is drained of excess water, dry it in a shaded area away from direct sunlight.
3. How to Store Satin Sarees?
You need to take special care while storing your Satin saree.
- Take a muslin cloth and gently wrap it around your satin saree. After that, store the saree in a cool & dry place.
- Ensure that you don’t hard fold the satin saree otherwise it will develop permanent folds and creases that can damage it.
4. How to Remove Stains from Satin Saree?
- Use a gentle stain solution on the stained area of the saree and let it soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- After that, wash the saree in cold water and dry it.
These are a few useful Satin Saree care tips that you should follow to maintain your Satin sarees. We recommend Dry Cleaning the saree when possible. Swtantra offers a wide range of Satin sarees like the Fuchsia Patiala Pants Pre-draped Satin Saree, Peanut Butter Satin Ruffle Saree, Pre Draped Pant Style Satin Emerald Saree with Belt and many more!