We all love to flaunt a Saree for a big event. Yet, many women feel the need to lose some inches to get that “Perfect Saree look”. Committing to diets and workout schedules well in advance can be overwhelming. So what else can you do? Let us reveal 5 Saree Secrets to make you look slim without any extra preplanning.
1. Put in Effort to Create the Right Look
- Be subtle: Opt for a plain saree that complements your frame well and doesn’t attract unnecessary attention to your problem areas. Go for a plain Chiffon, Satin or Organza saree to get a classy and svelte look.
- The Colour Palette Matters: Monotone colours or sarees featuring dark over light ombre shades are some trendy options that you can go for.
2. Choose the Right Fabric
- Fabric does matter if you want to look slim without losing weight. Simply picking a saree with a thin fabric will not give you a slim look. Instead, go for fluid fabrics to get that slimming effect.
3. Going Minimalistic
- Simplicity is the way forward and you can achieve that with a subtle plain saree.
4. Drape your saree rightDraping a saree in the right way will make sure that you look flawless on any occasion
- Try making 4-5 medium-sized even pleats instead of ill-spaced small pleats.
- When you tuck your pleats, try to place them slightly towards the side of the navel.
- After you’re done pleating your saree, tuck the loose fabric under the pleats nicely in a diagonal way. This will ensure that your hip area is properly accentuated.
- Avoid going for longer, heavier sarees.
All the elements of your saree contribute to making you look elegant & svelte.
- Blouse: Go for a well-cut blouse that is neither too tight nor too loose.
- Petticoat: Your petticoat should be well fitted. If hips are your trouble spots then opt for skirt-shapewear. Otherwise, go for kalidaar petticoats.
- Accessories: Huge neckpieces, belts, or carrying a purse on your shoulders are a strict no-no! Instead, an elegant clutch will complement your look more. Keep it minimal.